The Parents' Council Advisory Board (PCAB) is the governing board for Parents' Council. This group of dedicated parents significantly assists the University as we strive to meet the educational and developmental needs of our students and address parents' needs for involvement, information and support. Parents' Council Advisory Board makes every effort to be a well-informed resource for the University, assist in academic recruiting, promote fund-raising efforts for student-related activities and facilities, and offer the parents' perspective to the University. The Parents' Council Advisory Board by-laws are available for your reference..
Meet the PCAB members for 2013-2014. An individual parent or a couple who is interested in serving on the PCAB may apply for Board membership in November of each year, as parents of graduating students rotate off. Once selected, an Advisory Board member would be eligible to serve so long as their child is a full-time student at Clemson University. If you have any questions about the Board or the application process, please contact Rusty Guill, CU Parents' Council Advisor at 864-656-0935 or by email.
As a member of the Clemson University Parents' Council Advisory Board, you will be asked to participate in various programs and activities of the Parents' Council as described below. Also, the board members chair the volunteer committees.
- Attend Parents' Council Advisory Board meetings (held three times per year) and actively participate in committee assignments. It is recommended you have a schedule that is flexible enough to allow you to come to campus for a least two of the three meetings.
- Represent the Parents' Council at various University functions such as: summer orientation, campus receptions and regional receptions. You might be asked to be a speaker, a panel member or engage in a one-on-one conversation with parents and students.
- Work with Student Affairs staff to develop the program for Family Weekend and participate in as many Family Weekend activities as possible.
- Participate as a volunteer in at least one of the Parents' Council programs offered each year such as the "Letter Writing Campaign" or "Summer Orientation".
- Promote Parents' Council to other parents.
- Attend as many Clemson sponsored functions in your area as possible and invite other Clemson parents to join you.
- Support the Development Board projects by making an annual gift to the Parents' Council Fund and promoting their projects.
- Assist in the University's academic recruiting efforts.
- Interact with parents and prospective students in your local community to acquaint them with Clemson University and highlight the benefits of attending Clemson.
- Assist the Student Affairs staff with the identification of any issues of concern that you hear from other parents.
- Be willing to serve on the Parents' Council Advisory Board for at least one year with a maximum membership equal to the length of time your child is a full time student at Clemson.
The next scheduled board meeting is Friday, April 25, 2014.