WE DO MATH!
Dates: June 7-12, 2015.
See our Post Card
Why do math? It’s fun, challenging, and nearly all top careers in best jobs lists involve mathematical reasoning and knowledge. This camp is for rising 9th-10th graders!
In our one- week “We Do Math! Camp”, students will review and utilize algebraic and geometric concepts while working on critical thinking and problem solving skills. Students will engage in hands-on activities led by Clemson University faculty and graduate students. Students will receive continuous feedback throughout the camp. Students will practice communicating and problem solving through a team approach.
Focus Areas: Algebra, Geometry, and Pre-Calculus
- Build confidence in math through group activities
- Build on foundational concepts
- Explore a variety of STEM careers, in which a strong math foundation is needed
- Automotive, Computer Science, Robotics, etc.
- Learn test taking strategies and study skills for the SAT
- Get to know fellow campers in Girl Circle Time
If you have any questions, or if you would like information on financial assistance, please call 864-656-7472 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serita W. Acker, Mthrd, GCDF |Director, Women in Science and Engineering
College of Engineering and Science, Clemson University
144 Freeman Hall, Clemson, SC 29634-0939
Phone: 864-656-7472, Fax: 864-656-1397