Important Information on Risk Management and Liability and Student Travel Requests

Risk management insurance for students participating in service – learning courses will now be paid out of a Clemson University central insurance account and faculty will not have to use other sources of funds to cover this expense. 

Faculty will still have to report their service-learning  courses / related trips to the Clemson Risk Management Office. Students will only be covered if  Risk Management has a record of the course, required trips for the course and the names of students participating in the trip as part of the course.

For  questions on this, please contact the Office of Risk Management at E306 Martin Hall or  Denise Godwin at

If you need assistance with funding student travel  for your service-learning class, please apply to the Travel Fund on the form attached.

Travel and Insurance Application