Online Shopping FAQ
What can we sell in the PSA Online Shopping Mall?
The PSA Online Shopping Mall allows you to sell:
- Apparel & Accessories
- Digital Downloads
Why should I list my product in the PSA Online Shopping Mall?
The PSA Online Shopping Mall provides more exposure for your product/event. Listings are uploaded to major search engines and cross promotion will broaden your income and client base.
It provides convenience for your customer. Customers can buy your product/register for your event 24/7 without the need of a stamp, envelope or to pay in person.
The PSA Online Shopping Mall provides cost effective and secure credit card processing.
It provides reminders for your clients if they abandon their shopping cart.
How will people know about the product?
- Search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL,etc.
- Links from your website, your Facebook page and other social media sites
- Cross promotion
- Email campaigns
What can I do to be successful?
- Write a good title and description that answers all the W questions (what, when, where, why, who).
- Submit an image that will grab attention!
- Post the link to the product on your website.
- Click the “like”, “recommend” and “pin it” buttons below your product. These buttons share the listing with other people.
- Send out an email to all of your customers.
What are the costs?
- No setup fees or listing fees
- You are only charged a credit card fee when your item sells
- 2.5% for all credit card transactions
- If sales tax is collected, the University will collect that as well
- If there are refunds, the costs for that will be deducted
- The money minus the credit card fees will be transferred from the general store account to your account number on a monthly basis
Is it possible to list a two tier pricing for one workshop?
Yes, we can provide drop downs where users pick what kind of workshop registrations they need.
Can we setup listings for products with different attributes (Color, Size, ...)?
Yes, our store software is customizable and we list items with product attributes.
Is the only method of payment credit card?
Yes, the store will only accept credit cards. If you want to offer people to pay your department with checks and cash, you can always send us an email to adjust the available products/seats in the store.
How do I know if somebody ordered?
- Once payment is processed, you will receive an email with packing list. It includes customer information (incl. email and phone number), products ordered (including custom field information) and shipping method.
- Additional sales and registration reports are available through administrator interface. This includes the export option of an Excel file of all registration information.
How can I issue refunds?
To issue a refund, send an email with the order number, the customer name and the amount to Charlene Mayfield <email@example.com>, Nicole Garrett NGARRET@clemson.edu and Rebecca Trutwin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I link to the store listing?
When you copy the URL from your browser, the link may contain a session id (for example: &zenid=9ua44c5vvvaqrogc9io5pp6830). Do not use the link with a session id. So if your link looks like:
the correct link to use would be:
If you are not sure how this works, please ask email@example.com before distributing any link.
What is my account number?
The account number is a numeric string compiled by using all six chart fields from the University's official Chart of Accounts. The Chart of Accounts is maintained by Accounting Services using the CUBS system. For a detailed explanation of the University's accounting system, please refer to Clemson University Policies and Procedures for the Accounting Services Division. If you do not know your account number, contact your departmental accountant or contact Rebecca Trutwin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I list my product/event?
To set up a listing in the store, fill out the form at:http://www.clemson.edu/public/web/shopping.html