Students and members of Fike Recreation Center may rent lockers on a 6-month or annual basis for storing personal gear and other valuables while using the facilities. A limited number of day lockers are also available for use on a daily basis only.
Full size and half size rental lockers are located in the men’s and women’s locker rooms. All lockers have an assigned lock as provided by Campus Recreation. The locks are changed whenever there is a change in locker occupancy. All locks remain the property of Campus Recreation.
Day lockers are located in the men’s and women’s locker rooms as well as at the north end of the fitness center and along the hallway at the south end of the fitness center that leads to the climbing wall. These lockers may be used free of charge on a first come-first served basis. Patrons may check out a locker key from the Welcome Center or provide their own locks for the day lockers.
Patrons wishing to rent a locker may inquire about availability at the Welcome Center at Fike Recreation Center. Once all information has been entered into the locker data base and the rental fee is paid, patrons will be issued the combination to the lock on their assigned locker.
All locker rentals end on December 31 (6 month rental) or on June 30 (6 month rental or annual rental). Renewal of a locker rental requires payment of the rental fee at the program desk before the expiration date (the next work day if the expiration date falls on a weekend).
Locker Rental Fees
Annual Rental Fee
(July 1–June 30)
6 Month Rental Fee
(July 1–Dec 31/Jan 1–June 30)
Fees may be paid by cash, personal check, credit card, TigerStripe, or payroll deduction (Full time Clemson University faculty and staff only).
Please note: Locker rental fees paid by payroll deduction renew automatically for as long as this method of payment remains in place. Payroll deduction for locker rentals is available only for Clemson University employees who have an individual membership; and it may be initiated through completion of a Fike Payroll Deduction Form, which is available at the Welcome Center.
Guidelines and Rules Governing Rental Locker Use
1) Used washables should not be left in the lockers overnight to help maintain a clean, healthy, and odor-free environment in the locker rooms.
2) Lockers should be locked while unattended to help prevent theft.
3) Malfunctions or other problems related to use of the lockers should be reported at the front desk of the service center.
4) Lockers for which rental is not renewed by end of the rental period are subject to reassignment.
Guidelines and Rules Governing Day Locker Use
1) Lockers should be locked while unattended to help prevent theft.
2) Personal gear and other valuables must be removed from lockers on the day of use prior to Fike closing.
3) Locks left on the day-lockers at the end of the day are subject to being cut by Facility Services personnel.
4) Failure to return a day use locker key will result in a fee of $18.00 being placed on the members account.
Campus Recreation Rights and Disclaimers
Campus Recreation reserves the right to revoke a locker rental should a patron fail to maintain his or her assigned locker and any contents in a sanitary condition. At least one warning will be issued before revocation is imposed.
Campus Recreation reserves the right to remove personal items left in lockers for which rental has not been renewed and to remove personal items left in day lockers overnight. Owners will be issued a $10 fee and may reclaim these items by presenting their photo ID card at the Welcome Center. Items not claimed within a two week period following expiration of a locker rental or removal from a day locker will be donated to a local charity.
Campus Recreation is not responsible for personal items that are lost as a result of theft, being left in the locker rooms, being removed by Facility Services personnel from lockers for which rental was not renewed, or being removed from day lockers in which they had been left overnight.
Questions or Concerns?
Please email us at: email@example.com or give us a call at: 864-656-3453