School of Education
Application & Admissions
- Primary disability must be cognitive, not behavioral or emotional
- Age is between 18-23 years old upon admission to the program
- Demonstrates independence, motivation, and stability
- Reading ability is on at least a third grade level
- Has basic mathematics understanding; can use a calculator
- Can utilize technology (cell phone, lap top, etc.) on a basic level
- Is able to function independently for a sustained period of time
- Was eligible for IDEA services while in school; has an IEP
- Likes to be around people; sociable
- Able to handle changes in routine; can be flexible in fluctuating circumstances
- Not defiant toward authority; can take direction
- Likes to learn
- Has the potential to be successful in competitive employment situations. It has become increasingly apparent to us that having some type of employment experience contributes greatly toward success in our program. We highly recommend employment, or at least volunteer, experience before entering the program.
- Has the desire and motivation to participate in a college experience
- Has parents who will support his/her independence
- Call the ClemsonLIFE office at 864-656-0501 and schedule an initial telephone interview to determine if the ClemsonLIFE program is a good fit.
- Complete and submit the entrance application and required documentation.
- Attend a program open house. This one day program will allow students and families to determine if the ClemsonLIFE program will be a good fit.
- Attend a personal interview.
Open House Information
- ClemsonLIFE typically holds one open house session each October
- Participants should register for the Open House session in advance