Certified Stormwater Plan Reviewer
South Carolina's new Construction General Permit (CGP) became effective on January 1, 2013. A Certified Stormwater Plan Reviewer (CSPR) certification class is scheduled for May 13-14, 2014 at the River Center at Saluda Shoals Park in Columbia. The certification course will be followed by the certification exam on May 29, 2014. Since the CGP has been issued, course materials are being modified to reflect important changes in permit language.
In addition, there will be a simultaneous recertification course on May 13, 2014 for anyone who needs to become recertified. Since there are numerous changes in the review requirements and checklist for the new CGP, registered attendees in the recertification course on May 13th are encouraged, but not required, to also attend the May 14th certification course at no additional expense.
The purpose of the Certified Stormwater Plan Reviewer (CSPR) program is to educate personnel on the proper design and review of storm water and sediment control plans for development sites in order to meet regulatory and environmental requirements. In anticipation of the revised SCDHEC NPDES Construction General Permit, the course will help prepare personnel for the certification exam to be administered at a later date. Controlling storm water flows and preventing sediment-laden runoff not only protects our rivers, creeks and streams but it is also a trademark of a quality construction project.
This course should NOT be confused with the Certified Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Inspector (CEPSCI) class.
The two-day workshop will:
- Teach attendees the latest techniques for storm water and sediment control
- Introduce a variety of erosion control practices including the most environmentally effective techniques for various terrain
- Demonstrate how to review grading and drainage plans, as well as BMP details
- Provide an opportunity to meet others involved in land disturbing activities and for attendees to learn how to develop a stormwater and sediment control plan
- Allow discussion of issues with regulators and learn to complete relevant forms and submissions in an efficient and thorough manner
- Help prepare attendees for the exam which is part of the process for becoming a SC Certified Storm Water Plan Reviewer
- Course, certification exam, workshop material: $445.00
- Course only, no exam (limited to persons taking course to improve their technical capabilities) $395.00
- Course only, no exam (limited to currently certified plan reviewers): $395.00
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals who wish to become certified by SC DHEC as Storm Water Plan Reviewers
- Design engineers who would like to learn more about storm water management plan development in order to improve their submissions
- Individuals who were certified in the last five years and who need to take continuing education courses to continue their certification.
This program is not developed to teach engineers, architects or others about the design of Best Management Practices.
- Introduction to Storm Water Management
- Storm Water Management Requirements
- Plan Submittal, Review and Approval Process
- Design Requirements and Standards
- Technical Background
- Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control Best Management Practices
- Post-Construction Water Quality Best Management Practices
- Plan Review Checklists and Common Deficiencies