Certified Stormwater Plan Reviewer
South Carolina's new Construction General Permit (CGP) became effective on January 1, 2013. Since the CGP has been issued, workshop materials have been modified to reflect important changes in permit language.
Certified Stormwater Plan Reviewer (CSPR) certification workshop:
May 12-13, 2015 - Workshop
May 22, 2015 - Exam
Certified Stormwater Plan Reviewer (CSPR) recertification workshop:
May 12, 2015
CLICK HERE for Registration
The purpose of the Certified Stormwater Plan Reviewer (CSPR) program is to educate personnel on the proper design and review of storm water and sediment control plans for development sites in order to meet regulatory and environmental requirements. Controlling stormwater flows and preventing sediment-laden runoff not only protects our rivers, creeks and streams but it is also a trademark of a quality construction project.
This workshop should NOT be confused with the Certified Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Inspector (CEPSCI) class.
- Teach attendees the latest techniques for storm water and sediment control
- Introduce a variety of erosion control practices including the most environmentally effective techniques for various terrain
- Demonstrate how to review grading and drainage plans, as well as BMP details
- Provide an opportunity to meet others involved in land disturbing activities and for attendees to learn how to develop a stormwater and sediment control plan
- Allow discussion of issues with regulators and learn to complete relevant forms and submissions in an efficient and thorough manner
- Help prepare attendees for the exam which is part of the process for becoming a SC DHEC Certified Stormwater Plan Reviewer
- Workshop, certification exam, workshop material: $445.00
- Workshop only, no exam (limited to persons taking course to improve their technical capabilities) $395.00
- Workshop only, no exam (limited to currently certified plan reviewers): $395.00
- Individuals who wish to become certified by SC DHEC as Stormwater Plan Reviewers
- Design engineers who would like to learn more about storm water management plan development in order to improve their submissions
- Individuals who were certified in the last five years and who need to take continuing education courses to continue their certification.
- Introduction to Stormwater Management
- Storm Water Management Requirements
- Plan Submittal, Review and Approval Process
- Design Requirements and Standards
- Technical Background
- Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control Best Management Practices
- Post-Construction Water Quality Best Management Practices
- Plan Review Checklists and Common Deficiencies