Clemson will be one of the nation’s top-20 public universities.
Fulfill Clemson’s responsibility to students and the state of South Carolina
- to provide talent for the new economy by recruiting and retaining outstanding students and faculty and providing an exceptional educational experience grounded in engagement;
- to drive innovation, through research and service, that stimulates economic growth and solves problems;
- to serve the public good by focusing on emphasis areas that address some of the great challenges of the 21st century — national priorities such as health, energy, transportation and sustainable environment.
Invest in four strategic priorities:
- Enhance student quality and performance
- Provide engagement and leadership opportunities for all students
- Attract, retain and reward top people
- Build to compete — facilities, infrastructure and technology
The Clemson 2020 Road Map is a 10-year strategic plan that calls for investments in faculty hires, student engagement, upgraded facilities and technology, and faculty and staff compensation – with most of the funding to come from existing resources and new revenues. The plan was approved by the Board of Trustees on April 15, 2011.