Military Deployment During the Academic Year

Students may be deployed for active military status at any time during a semester. Here’s what they should do in order to leave Clemson in good standing.

  1. Go to E-103 Martin Hall to see Ms. Mary Ann Rampey or call her at 864-656-3022. She will help them fill out the appropriate forms as well as discuss re-enrollment and withdrawal options. (A student may withdraw from all classes without penalty of “W” hours. Academic fees will be refunded in full. ) The student must take a copy of his or her orders to Ms. Rampey for documentation.
  2. If a student must report for service prior to orders being issued, he or she must arrange to have them faxed to Ms. Rampey as soon as possible. The orders may be faxed to Ms. Rampey at 864-656-0777 by a family member or by a superior officer. However the student must still see Ms. Rampey prior to leaving campus in order to complete the appropriate withdrawal forms. No action will be taken unless the student has completed the necessary paperwork for withdrawal.
  3. The student should ask about their financial aid situation. Appropriate steps must be taken in order not to incur financial penalties. Refer students to Ms. Linda Henderson in the Business Office in G-12 Sikes Hall. Students with VA benefits should be referred to the Registrar's Office in 102 Sikes Hall. If a student must report for duty in less than 24 hours, Ms. Rampey will contact these individuals for the student. Any additional questions should be directed to Ms. Rampey in the Office of Undergraduate Studies, E-103 Martin Hall. She can be reached by phone at 656-3022.