New Student Checklist
These checklists were created to help identify tasks that should be completed prior to starting full time at Clemson. To make your transition to Clemson as smooth as possible, we highly encourage you to follow all three checklists and complete each task.
- Attend all scheduled sessions
- Meet with college advisor
- Get TigerOne Card. A valid photo ID is needed to pick up your card.
- Complete registration and leave with a full schedule - 12 hours minimum
- Meet at least one person who can be a resource
- Ask questions, have fun!
- Check your Clemson email daily.Email is Clemson’s primary form of communication with you.
- Freshman students: Take a look at the 2014 New Student Online Post-Guide to Clemson University
- Transfer students: Take a look at the 2014 Transfer Online Post-Guide to Clemson University
- Complete Orientation evaluation sent electronically
- Order your Clemson laptop
- Purchase Parking Permit- Commuter or resident passes are required if planning to park on campus
- Sign up for CU Safe Alerts - an emergency information texting system
- Contact roommate to plan for move-in
- Visit University Housing website for move-in updates
- Register your valuables (laptop, bicycle, etc.) with Clemson University Police Department
- Ensure FAFSA complete and aid committed to your account
- Pay Tuition and Fees - University bill is available online
- Complete Think About It - an online training module on Title IX. This is a university requirement for all students, faculty and staff.
- Complete the Clemson Community Standards tutorial at Office of Community and Ethical Standards