Clemson Email Information
As an accepted student to Clemson University, it is imperative that you access and review your Clemson email regularly. Clemson uses gmail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for all official student email communication. You will start to receive important information before you come to campus for orientation. Clemson Computing and Information Technology (CCIT) offers additional helpful information for new students.
Instructions for accessing your Clemson gmail account for the first time:
- Visit Email Control Panel at CCIT: www.clemson.edu/ccit/email_forwarding/. You will be asked to input your Clemson username and password.
- Ensure that these two boxes are checked: (a) Use Google Apps for Education AND (b) Deliver email to my Google Apps for Education mailbox.
- If you do not automatically receive a temporary password, click on the link "Reset my Google Apps password"
- Follow g.clemson.edu to access your Clemson gmail account (Google Apps for Education).
- Copy and past the temporary password you just received, and follow the instructions within gmail to log in for the first time.
- Once you've logged in, you must create a new password. Go to "Accounts," the follow the link for "Change Password."
If you have any difficulties or questions, contact the Clemson CCIT Customer Support Center at 864-656-3494 or ITHELP@clemson.edu for assistance.