Student Affairs

Frequently Asked Questions

May I pledge a gift and spread it over a period of time?

Yes. The Division of Student Affairs encourages multiyear partnerships, which are typically set up in five-year commitments.

Is my gift tax deductible?

Clemson University is considered a 501(c)3 organization and gifts to the Division of Student Affairs are tax deductible.

Can our organization make an In-Kind gift, if we do not currently have an education fund?

Yes. The estimated market value of an In-Kind donation can often be utilized as a gift.

Can gifts, either from organizations or individuals, be utilized for specific services, events and/or programs?

Yes. Funds are earmarked all the time for specific uses on campus. Simply contact Bert Epting Troy Nunamaker for assistance in making your gift have the biggest impact.

What are the different ways my organization can give to the Division of Student Affairs?

There are several ways you can give to the division. Popular methods include a direct contribution (cash, check, money order, wire transfer, etc.), non-cash assets (securities, stocks, land, real estate, personal property), gifts in-kind (services) and planned gifts (multiyear commitments, money earmarked for endowments).