To schedule an appointment call 864-656-1541.
The Women’s Clinic is staffed by a nurse practitioner who specializes in women’s health. We offer a wide range of gynecological services to help you build the foundations of good health habits.
- Routine annual women’s exam
- Birth control advice and prescriptions
- Sexually transmitted disease/infection (STD/STI) testing and treatment
- Emergency contraception prescriptions for students age 17 and younger. (No prescription is necessary for women ages 18 and up.)
- Gardasil (HPV immunization)
- HIV testing
- Pregnancy testing and referrals
- Breast health assessment
- Evaluation and treatment for other common women’s health issues such as:
- Menstrual concerns (cramps, irregular bleeding, PMS, other related problems)
- Vaginal infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexual Assault Support Services
Although the Women’s Clinic would like to meet all the needs of the female population, there are some services that the clinic cannot perform. The Women’s Clinic will be happy to provide you with a referral to OB-GYN physicians in the area that are available to help with these services.
- Certain types of birth control, such as Depo-Provera, IUD placement and Implanon insertion
- Colposcopies (a procedure performed to detect early precancerous lesions)
- Prenatal care