Do you have a new business concept?
Do you dream of starting your own business?
This competition is for you!
Simply prepare a six-slide PowerPoint presentation of your new business concept and submit it to email@example.com.
The 2014 competition will open in January of 2014. The deadline has been extended to March 25, 2014 for full consideration, with the final presentation being set for April 18, 2014.
- March 25, 2014 — Final date for submission for full consideration of entry including six-slide PowerPoint. One-page executive summary can be submitted as additional support.
- March, 28, 2014 — Final cut to top 10 entries. These entries will be provided with constructive input for preparation of final presentation.
- April 18, 201 — Final judging.
The competition is divided into two sections:
- Section 1 is open to all full-time undergraduate and graduate students from Clemson University
- Section 2 is open to all residents of South Carolina or students attending a South Carolina school of higher education.
Applicants can be solo individuals or teams of up to four members.
A team of business leaders will select 5 finalists from each section to present their business concepts. Each finalist will have 5 minutes to present his or her concept and 5 minutes of question time.
$20,000 in prizes!
- Section 1 (Clemson University students) 1st place: $5,000
- Section 2 (South Carolina residents) 1st place: $5,000
- BrightStart™ Bundle of Services (valued at $5,000 per enterprise) for each winner including incorporation docs, business cards, legal, marketing and IT advice for start-up executives
- Introduction to Angel Capital investors (UCAN) and SC Launch funding
Don’t wait to apply
No application forms.
Simply follow the PowerPoint guidelines and e-mail your six-slide PowerPoint to firstname.lastname@example.org.