Do you have a new business concept?
Do you dream of starting your own business?
This competition is for you!
Simply prepare a six-slide PowerPoint presentation of your new business concept and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2014 competition will open in January of 2014. The deadline has been extended to March 22, 2014 with the final presentation being set for April 10, 2014.
- March 22, 2014 — Final date for submission of entry including six-slide PowerPoint and one-page executive summary.
- March, 28, 2014 — Final cut to top 10 entries. These entries will be provided with constructive input for preparation of final presentation.
- April 10, 201 — Final judging.
The competition is divided into two sections:
- Section 1 is open to all full-time undergraduate and graduate students from Clemson University
- Section 2 is open to all residents of South Carolina or students attending a South Carolina school of higher education.
Applicants can be solo individuals or teams of up to four members.
A team of business leaders will select 5 finalists from each section to present their business concepts at Clemson at the Falls in Greenville in early December. Each finalist will have 5 minutes to present his or her concept and 5 minutes of question time.
$20,000 in prizes!
- Section 1 (Clemson University students) 1st place: $5,000
- Section 2 (South Carolina residents) 1st place: $5,000
- BrightStart™ Bundle of Services (valued at $5,000 per enterprise) for each winner including incorporation docs, business cards, legal, marketing and IT advice for start-up executives
- Introduction to Angel Capital investors (UCAN) and SC Launch funding
Don’t wait to apply
No application forms.
Simply follow the PowerPoint guidelines and e-mail your six-slide PowerPoint to email@example.com.