BioMEDS, Clemson University’s BioMedical Engineering Development Society, was created to provide professional development, networking and volunteer opportunities to undergraduate bioengineering majors at Clemson and to promote the recognition and influence of bioengineering in the Clemson community.
What are the benefits of joining BioMEDS?
- New T-shirt every year
- Access to lounge in Rhodes
- Volunteer opportunities through Midway Elementary, Habitat Humanity, etc.
- Networking opportunities through company tours, speakers, career panels and conferences
What is expected of members?
- Come to meetings [approximately one a month]
- Participate in events put on by the organization, both professional and philanthropic
- Pay dues
How much are dues?
- Returning members: $20 a year
- New members: $25 a year
- Associate members (Freshman) : Free
What can I do to become more involved in BioMEDS?
Join a committee!
- Help in the organization of activities with Midway Elementary a STEM school in Anderson, SC
- Plan additional volunteer activities with Habitat for Humanity, Soup Kitchens, etc.
- Help in organization of social events for bioengineering students to connect outside of the academic environment
- Provide snacks/meals for meetings
- Write and collect articles for the bi-annual newsletter
- Maintain the organization’s website
- Help in the organization of activities that can raise money for BioMEDS in order to help send members to conferences, pay for t-shirts, etc.
- Form a strong bond between the bioengineering department and the Michelin Career Center and Co-Op office
- Maintain contact with undergraduate and graduate Clemson bioengineering alumni
Who can I contact for more information?
To learn more about BioMEDS and our members, check out our newsletters: