Santee Cooper’s 2014 Summer Environmental Intern Program
- 12 students will be selected to participate in the Environmental Intern Program.
- Students of all majors are eligible to apply.
- Interns are paid $13 per hour and typically work a 40-hour work week.
- On-site housing and a food allowance are provided.
- The internship is based in Moncks Corner, SC at Santee Cooper’s corporate headquarters.
- Applications may be submitted through February 15, 2014.
To qualify for the internship, a student must:
- Be a permanent resident of South Carolina paying in-state tuition.
- Be an undergraduate student attending a South Carolina college or university.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a rising junior or senior.
- Have completed 60 credit hours by the end of the Spring 2014 term.
- Have attended 2 full years of college.
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Carry a minimum of 24 credit hours during the current school year.
- Be willing to work in a variety of outdoor settings, as well as in laboratory, industrial plant and office environments. You must be willing to get messy. This is a hands-on summer internship in the heat and humidity of the South Carolina Lowcountry. Some of the work assignments will involve getting wet, dirty, and sweaty.
- If accepted, pass a pre-employment background check and physical including a drug and alcohol screen.
Additional information and a link to the online application are available here.