Transfer Student Information
The Clemson University Honors College welcomes students that are transferring to Clemson from other university Honors programs or Honors colleges. The Honors College Transfer Student Application is separate from, and in addition to, the Undergraduate Admissions Transfer Application.
Please review the Honors online information presented here. If you still have questions please use one of the email addresses below to direct your questions to the appropriate place.
Are you interested in a career in science, engineering, or medicine? Do your plans take you in the direction of law, politics, history, English literature, music, or theater? Do you want to study or work abroad? Serve others, at home or far away? The Clemson University Honors College at Clemson University provides numerous resources to promote academic, personal and professional development.
Our students are carrying out world-class research in laboratories and libraries, participating in archaeological digs, and pursuing environmental field studies. They are extending their education through internships in the public and private sectors, and serving through learning projects at home and abroad.
Clemson University Honors College alumni are attending or have graduated from the world’s premier universities and professional schools, and have earned leadership positions in industry, government, and academia.
Ready to begin your own adventure? At Clemson, you’ll get all the advantages of one of the nation’s leading public universities along with the small classes, individualized attention, and innovative programs of the Clemson University Honors College.
Below indicate the following credentials and requirements needed to apply for the Transfer Honors Application.
- Transfer Undergraduate Admissions Application and Acceptance: Before students will be accepted into the Honors College, students must complete and be accepted by Clemson’s Undergraduate Admissions. Students may submit their application before accepted to Clemson, but will not receive a decision from Honors prior to being accepted to Clemson University.
- Transfer Undergraduate Honors Application:
- Unofficial transcript
- Cumulative GPA of a 3.5 or Higher
- Recommendation Letter from Previous Institution Honors College Dean or Director
- Member in Good Standing of Honors Program or Honors College at Previous Institution
- Final Transcript: Students must upload a final copy (official or unofficial) of their current institution transcript to their ApplyWeb application status portal CHECKLIST prior to the final transcript deadline (see below). This transcript must show all grades including the final grades from your last semester. For example, if you are applying for Fall admission, your final transcript must show through your final Spring grades.
Applicants that are not members of an Honors Program or Honors College at their previous institution are encouraged to apply as a continuing student during their first semester at Clemson to hopefully gain admission to the Honors College for their second semester.
If you have any questions about the admissions process please email HonorsAdmissions@clemson.edu.
|To enroll:||Application opens:||Application due:||Final transcript due:||Students notified:||Mandatory meeting:|
|Fall||March 1||April 15||May 15||May 20||August 17, 2021 from 10-11 a.m.|
|Spring||October 1||December 1||December 15||December 20||January 5, 2021 from 10-11 a.m.|