There are specific steps that you, a prospective graduate student must take.
- After you have received your acceptance letter, go to the Academic Common Market website.
- You can check participating institutions and states through a search engine. Select your home state.
- From the ACM start page, select your home state and select: State Information. The state information will provide a link to the state’s ACM website and state coordinator. This is where you will find all the procedures and forms for application and approval. This process is referred to as the “certification process”.
- Next, search for approved Clemson University programs, but keep the following in mind: Many states do not review and approve programs until a student requests the review. So if your home state has not reviewed a Clemson degree program, you can request it be considered for the Academic Common Market by contacting your home state ACM coordinator.
- Once you have been approved by your home state ACM coordinator, Clemson University will be notified of your approval and you will receive a letter as well.
Please check out these frequently asked questions developed by the ACM.