Zoom Meetings is available to all Clemson employees and students at no extra cost.
What Is Zoom Meetings?
Categories: Video Conferencing, Authoring
Zoom Meetings is a web conferencing service that allows instructors to conduct synchronous, interactive class sessions with students remotely. Share video and your computer screen to lecture and explain course content. Interact with students through annotations, breakout rooms, poll questions, and more. Zoom also allows you to record lectures for students to review later.
Getting Started (All Users)
- Clemson Online's Zoom Documentation (PDF)
- Clemson Online's Zoom Best Practices (PDF)
- Improving the Stability of Your Internet Connection (PDF)
- Updating Zoom Desktop Client (HTML)
- Signing Into a Meeting via SSO (Video HTML)
- Joining and Configuring Audio & Video (HTML)
- Meeting Controls (HTML)
- Share Screen (and Computer Audio) (HTML)
Mobile App (All Users)
Instructors and Meeting Hosts
- Host's Guide to Zoom in Canvas (PDF)
- In-meeting security options (HTML)
- Live Captions, Breakout Rooms, Polls (PDF)
- Creating, Trimming, Captioning, and Sharing Recordings (PDF)
- Manually Moving Zoom Files to Ensemble (PDF)
- Checking Zoom Attendance (PDF)
Students and Meeting Participants
- Participants Guide to Zoom in Canvas (PDF)
- Best Practices for Zoom Participants (PDF)
- Navigating Breakout Rooms (HTML)
More on Zoom Meetings
Tools Others Have Considered
|University Tech Support||Yes||Yes||Not yet|
|Uses Clemson Login||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Canvas Integration||Yes||Yes||Not yet|
*Rankings marked with asterisks are based on the tool's general reputation in the accessibility community and not on testing that Clemson has completed.
+Rankings marked with a plus are based on testing completed in 2020.