Clemson Faculty SUCCEEDSClemson Faculty SUCCEEDS is a competitive internal funding initiative positioning interdisciplinary faculty teams to successfully compete for significant external funding ($1.5 M or more) that will enhance the stature and distinction of the University in all key areas of research, scholarship, and creative activities at Clemson University.
Clemson Faculty SUCCEEDS provides seed grants that support leading-edge research and scholarship that capitalize on the existing intellectual capital at Clemson University. Preference is given to projects that are multi-disciplinary and inter-institutional and that advance the ClemsonForward strategic innovation clusters: Advanced Materials; Cyberinfrastructure and Big Data Science; Energy, Transportation and Advanced Manufacturing; Human Resilience; Health Innovation; and The Sustainable Environment.
Check back for upcoming proposal submission opportunities.
Below are the PI lead teams that can be contacted with questions regarding their projects.
2019 Clemson Faculty SUCCEEDS Award Winners
CPS for the Power System Control and Operation Center of the Future
- led by Dr. Johann Enslin in the Holcombe Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
An Integrated High-Performance Data-Driven Analytics Framework for Dynamic Security Assessment in Future Power Grid
- led by Dr. Shuangshuang Jin in the School of Computing
Real time detection of bacterial load in patient and operating room environments
- led by Dr. Goutam Koley in the Holcombe Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Understanding and Reducing Cognitive Errors in Reading Complex Design Regulations of Resilient Transportation Infrastructure
- led by Dr. Tuyen (Robert) Le in the Glenn Department of Civil Engineering
2018 Clemson Faculty SUCCEEDS Award Winners
Next Generation IoT Hardware Security for Resilient Smart Grid and ICT Infrastructures
- led by Dr. G. Kumar Venayagamoorthy in Holcombe Electrical and Computer Engineering
Clemson MRSEC (Materials Research Science and Engineering Centers)
- led by the MRSEC PI
2017 Clemson Faculty SUCCEEDS Award Winners
A Pilot Study to Examine the Metabolic and Epigenetic Responses to A Novel Prenatal Care Intervention
- led by Dr. Liwei Chen in the Department of Public Health Sciences
An HPC-Backed Interactive Visualization Instrument Enabling Collaborative Computational Genomics and Virtual Reality Research
- led by Dr. Brygg Ullmer in the School of Computing
Novel Dietary Therapy for the Gluten Syndrome
- led by Dr. Sachin Rustgi in the Department of Plant & Environmental Sciences