5/31/2014 Job 11: Healthcare Designer/ Intern Architects - Hord | Coplan | Macht, Baltimore, MD
Hord Coplan Macht, Inc.
Hord Coplan Macht, an interdisciplinary architecture and landscape architecture practice, is seeking Intern Architects who are interested in working in our Healthcare studio. We are leaders in the mid-Atlantic region for Evidence Based Design and patient centered design and we offer the opportunity to work in a creative and flexible environment on a diverse range of project types. Can you help us innovate the future of Healthcare design?
Hord Coplan Macht offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment in a Baltimore Inner Harbor location. Baltimore is a vibrant city and fantastic home base for exploring the East Coast and Mid-Atlantic. The firm provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must possess excellent design, graphic and presentation skills, and have knowledge in construction documentation and Revit. Professional Bachelors or Master’s in Architecture required, with a Healthcare focus.
Please see our website at www.hcm2.com for more information about the firm.
5/13/2014 Job 10: Intern Architect - Gresham, Smith and Partners, Nashville, TN
The award-winning Architecture/Engineering/Design firm of Gresham, Smith and Partners provides design and consulting solutions for the built environment that contribute to the success of national and international clients. Having more than 650 employees, we have 18 offices worldwide. For more than 45 years, GS&P has focused on enhancing quality of life and sustainability within communities. GS&P consists of industry-leading professionals practicing architecture and engineering design as well as scientists and highly specialized planning and strategic consultants in Aviation, Corporate and Urban Design, Environmental Compliance, Healthcare and Industrial, Land Planning, Transportation and Water Services. Our strength resides in our people and our core values of Commitment, Integrity, Respect and Teamwork. GS&P consistently ranks among the top architecture and engineering firms in the United States. The successful candidate should be able to:
- Perform work on all phases of various architectural projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings.
- Prepare schematics, design development and construction documents. Develop, modify and review production drawings and edit project narratives and specifications.
- Research materials to determine appropriate selection for project. Plan, coordinate and administer projects from the initial programming stages all the way through to construction administration.
- Review construction submittals and assist project manager in construction administration. Analyze client problems and develop architectural solutions to those problems.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Architecture pursuing licensure or licensed.
- Prefer a minimum of 6 months to 1 year of design experience; internships may count toward that total.
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD, REVIT, Sketchup, and PhotoShop software is required.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably with a variety personalities and communication styles and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Time management skills
In return for your efforts, you may enjoy a comprehensive Health & Wellness Program including:
Health, Dental, Life, Vision benefits
401(k) retirement savings with company matchHealthcare Savings Account
Short & Long Term Disability
Business Casual Environment
Professional Education/Career Development
Fitness Facility Cost Reimbursement
Supplemental Life and Health Insurance Additions
Employee Assistance Program
How to apply:
For consideration of employment, please complete an online application at www.greshamsmith.com/careers
. You must include a portfolio of work samples along with a resume/CV in your online application. Gresham, Smith and Partners is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.AA/EOE 5/13/2014 Job 09: Intern Architect - HDR Architecture, San Francisco, Seattle, & Los Angeles
HDR in San Francisco, Seattle, & LA are looking for architecture + health graduates with all experience levels. Contact Annette Himelick [an alumni] or Tracy Maher, Human Resource Manager, if interested:
Annette: (206) 826-4702
Tracy: (415) 546-4244
or Tracy.Maher@hdrinc.com http://www.hdrinc.com
” 5/7/2014 Job 08: Intern Architect - TRO Jung|Brannen, Birmingham, AL Help Wanted
Birmingham architectural firm seeking intern architect or newly registered architect with the following skills and interests:
Healthcare Design/Planning Experience (School and/or Practical Experience)
Architectural Registration (or in pursuit of)
Digital Skills: Revit, SketchUp, Microsoft Office Immediate Project Assignment
New hospital project in Kuwait: 11-story, 617-bed hospital, $637 million US Contact Info
2200 Lakeshore Dr., Suite 200
Birmingham, AL 35209
205 324 email@example.com 4/14/2014 Job 07: Intern Architect - Howell Rusk Dodson Architects, Atlanta, GA
Howell Rusk Dodson Architects, a mid-sized firm, is currently seeking a dedicated and creative
team member for immediate opportunities as an intern architect. With over 105 years of continuous
business, HRD is considered to be one of the most established firms in the Southeast. While
maintaining a strong focus on healthcare based projects, HRD also works in telecommunication,
government and retail work.
- Revit model setup and development through all phases of the design/constructionprocess
- Individuals should have familiarity with, but not limited to:
Drawing setup and revision (Plans, Sections, Elevations, and Details)
Coordination of documents
- Individuals should have a strong understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop,Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro)
- Exterior/Interior Renderings
- Presentation drawings/visuals
- Diagrams, Site Plans and other Project deliverables
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
- Organization is key; more often than not, your workload will involve more than oneproject with varying, and sometimes conflicting, deadlines
- Team Player; works well in a team environment and is also self-motivated andtask-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Architecture is required from an accredited program
- Portfolio of recent work
- Recent grad or 0 to 3 years’ experience, healthcare experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D and Adobe Programs
- Full benefits package
- Hands on learning opportunities for growth and professional development
- Study materials and exam compensation provided for licensure
- Direct contact with project teams, internally and with consultants
- Casual atmosphere with flexibility
Salary is determined based upon experience. 4/1/2014 Job 06: Intern Architect - Perkins + Will, Seattle, WA Perkins + Will Seattle is looking for graduates. Contact Marie McFaddin Hensen [an alumni] if interested: Marie Henson, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP ID+C, EDACSenior Medical Planner 1221 Second Avenue, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98101t 206.381.6077 m 206.434.1086 Marie.Henson@perkinswill.com <mailto:Marie.Henson@perkinswill.com> 3/19/2014 Job 05: Intern Architect - Lee, Burkhart, Liu, Inc., Los Angeles & San Francisco, CA Lee, Burkhart, Liu, Inc. (LBL) is a planning and architectural firm with a significant project portfolio in healthcare and academic research projects, primarily on the West Coast. Services include master planning, programming, site analysis and full architectural services. Founded in 1986, LBL successfully employs BIM on all projects, and utilizes the technology for quality documentation and interfacing with project scheduling and costs. Clients include academic medical centers, community hospitals, medical office buildings, non-profit and investor-owned health care organizations, and governmental agencies.
Our most important resource is the quality and commitment of staff within our firm. The high caliber of our staff, their professionalism and their personal commitment to their clients and projects has enabled LBL to improve and grow. In turn, our work environment is ideal for committed and enthusiastic high caliber professionals to grow personally and professionally.
We are currently hiring for multiple positions in our Los Angeles and San Francisco offices, as well as at the construction site for the new Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto. Any level of experience will be considered, but the following requirements apply to all positions:
- Accredited architectural degree (healthcare specialty a huge plus!)
- Proficiency in Revit required; AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience in healthcare facility design strongly preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating your preferred location, if any, along with a resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kaitlin Sinclair
Lee, Burkhart, Liu, Inc.
Architecture, Planning, Interiors
100 California St, Suite 725
San Francisco, California 94111
tel: (415) 580-6740 fax: (310) 829-1736
3/19/2014 Job 04: Intern Architect - HGA Architects and Engineers, Milwaukee, WI Do not hesitate to contact either myself, or our Human Resource Director, Robin Lang (612-758-4349 email@example.com) with any questions. Thanks.
Rebecca Kleinbaum Sanders, AIA
Associate Vice President | Healthcare Architecture Practice
HGA Architects and Engineers
420 5th Street North, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Direct 612.758.4249 | Fax 612.758.9249
firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> 3/11/2014 Job 03: Senior Health Care Project Architect - Gould Turner Group, P.C., Nashville, TN
Gould Turner Group, P.C., a leading national design firm with a focus on healthcare, commercial, and educational projects offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a senior healthcare architect to work in a collaborative team based environment in Nashville, TN.
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 7 years of design and project management experience on mid to large scale health care projects
• BArch or more advanced degree
• Professional registration
• LEED AP, or within 1 year of hire
• Revit capability
• Excellent communication, presentation, management, and organizational skills
• Strong design skills, technical capabilities, and sustainable design experience
• Ability to handle multiple projects
• Project experience in the design and contract documentation of institutional building types
• A willingness to work collaboratively in a team based environment
• A willingness and ability to travel
Your role will include:
• Health care project planning, design, and management
• Planning, scheduling, and managing document production
• Revit work
• Direct client contact
• Managing the contractual responsibilities of the project
• Building long term relationships with clients and assisting in the development of new clients
• Team leadership
Contact Information:Linda Marzialo, AIA, ACHA
President & CEO
GOULD TURNER GROUP, P.C.
4400 Harding Road, Suite 1000
Nashville, TN 37205
firstname.lastname@example.org 1/6/2014 Job 02: Interior Architect & Experience Designer - Philips Healthcare, Andover Massachusetts, USA
Philips Design Healthcare
Our global creative forces of some 500 professionals is located in our studios in North America, Europe and Asia and are recognized with around 100 international design awards every year. We invite you to use your analytical thinking, creative talent and spatial design sensibilities to support the creation of meaningful and innovative healthcare solutions.
The Ambient Experience team
Be part of a dynamic team consulting directly with clients across America to develop new spatial designs and experience solutions within health care environments improving the patient experience and staff workflow. We create innovative solutions encompassing interior architecture, lighting and clinical workflow design to solve challenges in healthcare for both now and the near future.
What we Offer
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative and creative environment in which you can rapidly grow your experience and career working within the meaningful world of Healthcare designing the spaces and services of both today and tomorrow. Your role will focus on new solutions that improve patient outcomes and save lives. You will have the opportunity to travel domestically for customer engagements and internationally for strategic activities.
· Report to the Creative Director and work in a dynamic team
· Collaborate with people researchers and other experience designers
· Travel to Hospitals nationwide for experience design consulting
· Design spaces and experiences within health care environments
· Create relevant and meaningful new concepts and solutions
· Create and deliver compelling visual presentations
We are looking for
· Degree such as Interior architecture or Industrial design
· Strong spatial design and appropriate visualization skills
· 3+ years of relevant spatial design experience
· Strong sketching and development capabilities
· Proficiency in both 2D and 3D design software
· Collaborative team player, sense of humor is a must
· Passion about health care and the role of design
· Must have documentation to work in the United States
Example Ambient Experience Links:http://www8.healthcare.philips.com/ae/index.htmlhttp://www.design.philips.com/philips/sites/philipsdesign/about/design/designportfolio/product_innovation/ambient_for_healthcare.pagehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZHQidje_ 9/16/2013 Job 01: Facilities Planning Internship - Kaiser Permanete
Kaiser Permanente's Facilities Planning department is seeking an energetic, highly motivated team member for their internship program. We are looking for individuals who are interested in learning and developing their knowledge about healthcare design and innovation.
This position, in Facilities Planning, is to assist our medical architects and planners who are creating and maintaining planning and design guidelines (ie. room templates, functional programs, space programs, room data sheets, design criteria, etc.), research in innovation, design excellence, sustainability and alternative delivery development, including, but not limited to other administrative functions; such as reviewing, selecting, and scanning of information. Other duties in support of the planners and architects as assigned.
Hours and days: 40 hours/ week, 8 hours per day. 1 year term.
Experience Requirements: Familiarity with healthcare design and operations. Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Powerpoint), Autocad, Revit, InDesign and Illustrator. Database programming is a plus.
Top 3 skills needed to succeed in this position: Research skills, Excellent writing skills and Understanding of hospital and healthcare design and operations
Top 5 daily responsibilities: Research (information gathering), organizing ideas, planning, programming and recording information.
Top 3 personality characteristics: Accountable, Accurate and Enthusiastic
Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelors program of Architecture or a recent graduate
Location: 1800 Harrison Street, 19th floor, Oakland, CA 94612
If interested, please send your resume to Angelene Baldi email@example.com