Position(s): Healthcare Designer/ Intern Architects
Location: Hord | Coplan | Macht, Baltimore, MD
Position(s): Intern Architect
Location: Gresham, Smith and Partners, Nashville, TN
Salary is determined based upon experience.
Please Contact Dale Lee,
Vice President of Design, LEED AP
Dale.L@hrd-arch.com | 404.464.1997
4/1/2014 Job 06: Intern Architect - Perkins + Will, Seattle, WA
Perkins + Will Seattle is looking for graduates. Contact Marie McFaddin Hensen [an alumni] if interested:
Marie Henson, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP ID+C, EDAC
Senior Medical Planner
1221 Second Avenue, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98101
t 206.381.6077 m 206.434.1086 Marie.Henson@perkinswill.com <mailto:Marie.Henson@
9/9/2014 Job 05: Project Architects and Project Manager - Lee, Burkhart, Liu, Inc., San Francisco & Los Angeles, CA
Lee, Burkhart, Liu, Inc. (LBL) is a planning and architectural firm with a significant project portfolio in healthcare and academic research projects, primarily in California. Services include master planning, programming, site analysis and full architectural services. Clients include academic medical centers, community hospitals, medical office buildings, non-profit and investor-owned healthcare organizations and governmental agencies. We are seeking talented, team oriented individuals with 5-10 years of architectural experience to join our office in downtown San Francisco, and on site for the New Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto. Previous experience in the healthcare sector is highly desirable and Revit proficiency is essential. Requirements include
• 5-10 years’ architectural experience
• Accredited architectural degree (healthcare specialty a huge plus!)
• Proficiency in Revit required; AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Experience in healthcare facility design strongly preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate with team members, consultants and clients
• Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
Additionally, we are seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Los Angeles office. The Senior Project Manager is a project leader for multiple, complex projects, providing project direction and guidance to the project team. This individual is responsible for managing client expectations and team resources, developing project budgets and assisting in marketing efforts. Requirements include:
• 12+ years’ architectural experience
• Accredited architectural degree
• Experience in healthcare facility design and project management
• Experience with OSHPD preferred
• Knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD preferred
• Architectural License preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating which position you are applying for, along with a resume and work
samples to email@example.com
3/19/2014 Job 04: Intern Architect - HGA Architects and Engineers, Milwaukee, WI
Do not hesitate to contact either myself, or our Human Resource Director, Robin Lang (612-758-4349 firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Thanks.
Rebecca Kleinbaum Sanders, AIA
Associate Vice President | Healthcare Architecture Practice
HGA Architects and Engineers
420 5th Street North, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Direct 612.758.4249 | Fax 612.758.9249
3/11/2014 Job 03: Senior Health Care Project Architect - Gould Turner Group, P.C., Nashville, TN
Gould Turner Group, P.C., a leading national design firm with a focus on healthcare, commercial, and educational projects offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a senior healthcare architect to work in a collaborative team based environment in Nashville, TN.
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 7 years of design and project management experience on mid to large scale health care projects
• BArch or more advanced degree
• Professional registration
• LEED AP, or within 1 year of hire
• Revit capability
• Excellent communication, presentation, management, and organizational skills
• Strong design skills, technical capabilities, and sustainable design experience
• Ability to handle multiple projects
• Project experience in the design and contract documentation of institutional building types
• A willingness to work collaboratively in a team based environment
• A willingness and ability to travel
Your role will include:
• Health care project planning, design, and management
• Planning, scheduling, and managing document production
• Revit work
• Direct client contact
• Managing the contractual responsibilities of the project
• Building long term relationships with clients and assisting in the development of new clients
• Team leadership
Linda Marzialo, AIA, ACHA
President & CEO
GOULD TURNER GROUP, P.C.
4400 Harding Road, Suite 1000
Nashville, TN 37205
1/6/2014 Job 02: Interior Architect & Experience Designer - Philips Healthcare, Andover Massachusetts, USA
Philips Design Healthcare
Our global creative forces of some 500 professionals is located in our studios in North America, Europe and Asia and are recognized with around 100 international design awards every year. We invite you to use your analytical thinking, creative talent and spatial design sensibilities to support the creation of meaningful and innovative healthcare solutions.
The Ambient Experience team
Be part of a dynamic team consulting directly with clients across America to develop new spatial designs and experience solutions within health care environments improving the patient experience and staff workflow. We create innovative solutions encompassing interior architecture, lighting and clinical workflow design to solve challenges in healthcare for both now and the near future.
What we Offer
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative and creative environment in which you can rapidly grow your experience and career working within the meaningful world of Healthcare designing the spaces and services of both today and tomorrow. Your role will focus on new solutions that improve patient outcomes and save lives. You will have the opportunity to travel domestically for customer engagements and internationally for strategic activities.
· Report to the Creative Director and work in a dynamic team
· Collaborate with people researchers and other experience designers
· Travel to Hospitals nationwide for experience design consulting
· Design spaces and experiences within health care environments
· Create relevant and meaningful new concepts and solutions
· Create and deliver compelling visual presentations
We are looking for
· Degree such as Interior architecture or Industrial design
· Strong spatial design and appropriate visualization skills
· 3+ years of relevant spatial design experience
· Strong sketching and development capabilities
· Proficiency in both 2D and 3D design software
· Collaborative team player, sense of humor is a must
· Passion about health care and the role of design
· Must have documentation to work in the United States
Example Ambient Experience Links:
9/16/2013 Job 01: Facilities Planning Internship - Kaiser Permanete
Kaiser Permanente's Facilities Planning department is seeking an energetic, highly motivated team member for their internship program. We are looking for individuals who are interested in learning and developing their knowledge about healthcare design and innovation.
This position, in Facilities Planning, is to assist our medical architects and planners who are creating and maintaining planning and design guidelines (ie. room templates, functional programs, space programs, room data sheets, design criteria, etc.), research in innovation, design excellence, sustainability and alternative delivery development, including, but not limited to other administrative functions; such as reviewing, selecting, and scanning of information. Other duties in support of the planners and architects as assigned.
Hours and days: 40 hours/ week, 8 hours per day. 1 year term.
Experience Requirements: Familiarity with healthcare design and operations. Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Powerpoint), Autocad, Revit, InDesign and Illustrator. Database programming is a plus.
Top 3 skills needed to succeed in this position: Research skills, Excellent writing skills and Understanding of hospital and healthcare design and operations
Top 5 daily responsibilities: Research (information gathering), organizing ideas, planning, programming and recording information.
Top 3 personality characteristics: Accountable, Accurate and Enthusiastic
Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelors program of Architecture or a recent graduate
Location: 1800 Harrison Street, 19th floor, Oakland, CA 94612
If interested, please send your resume to Angelene Baldi email@example.com