Skip to main content

Honors Graduation Information


You are working hard and now it's almost time to graduate!

Honors Transcript Check

You should have a transcript check no later than the end of your sixth semester. This is to ensure you are meeting all the requirements for graduating with honors. This request is for any of the following: General Honors, Interdisciplinary Honors and Departmental Honors.  Click here for the Transcript Check Form.

 Your honors advisor will respond to your request within 3 weeks of your form submission. It is your responsibility to follow up with your honors advisor if you do not receive a response.

Honors Advisors are as follows:

College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences: Holly Williams

College of Art, Architecture, and Humanities: Holly Williams

College of Business: Holly Williams

College of Behavioral, Social, and Health Sciences: Katie Maxwell

College of Education: Katie Maxwell

College of Engineering, Computing, and Applied Sciences (last names A-Ma): Megan Wong 

College of Engineering, Computing, and Applied Sciences (last names Mc-Z): Katie Pope

College of Science: Dana Irvin

Honors Graduation Forms

1. Honors Candidacy Form and Honors Distinction Verification Form

The Honors College requires all graduating honors students (active or presently inactive), who have successfully completed honors requirements for the distinctions below, to fill out the Honors Candidacy Form and the Honors Credit Verification Form.  The Honors distinctions are:

  • General Honors
  • Departmental honors
  • Interdisciplinary Honors
  • General Honors and Departmental Honors
  • General Honors and Interdisciplinary Honors

Do not be late in submitting your two forms. Failure to do so may result in your not receiving your certificate (and medallion if you have completed (at the minimum) Departmental Honors or Interdisciplinary Honors) before graduation. It may also prevent your diploma/transcript from reflecting your honors credit as well.

You will receive a confirmation email within 4 weeks from submission of your Honors Candidacy Form (except for August, which will be within 2 weeks). If you do not receive a verification email, it is your responsibility to send an email to Dana Irvin ( checking on the status of your form.

Awards Ceremony

The Honors Awards Ceremony is only for students who have (at the minimum) completed Departmental Honors or Interdisciplinary Honors.

For May Granduates Only: When you fill out these forms please send a picture of yourself doing something interesting to Dana Irvin ( This picture will be used for the slide show prior to the ceremony that your family and friends will see.

General Graduation Information 


The Honors College does not have a stole. Omicron Delta Kappa is the organization through which you find information about available stoles. THEY HAVE A STRICT DEADLINE FOR ORDERING STOLES and you need to order them early.  (If you completed departmental honors research you will receive a medallion from the  Honors College to wear at graduation.)

Graduation Announcements

Graduation announcements can be ordered at  There is now an option to add "Calhoun Honors College" in the honors section.

Cap and Gown

Please visit the Clemson University Bookstore website.

University Graduation Information

Please don't forget — you must apply for Clemson University graduation. If you have missed the deadline you will need to go to Enrolled Student Services, 104 Sikes Hall, to fill out a paper form. There is a fee if you are late submitting.

The Office of the Registrar has a Webpage devoted to graduation information, including:

  • Graduation Application
  • Parent Information
  • Graduation Calendar