Human Resources


How soon may an international student begin working on campus?


International students first must be enrolled in a full course of study, maintaining valid status, activated in SEVIS by the International Office advisors, and in possession of original immigration documentation to prove employment eligibility in the USA. International students must also have a valid, original U.S. social security card for employment and payroll purposes. If the student does not yet have a U.S. social security card, then an official SSA receipt letter is required to be obtained by the student from SSA office. The SSA receipt letter should evidence the acceptance and approval of the student’s application for the card.

The hiring department is required to prepare an International Hire Request and submit it to the Office of Human Resources, Attn: Director of International Employment and Taxation, for review and approval before work may begin.

Back to Previous Page