Human Resources


What can I do to continue my insurance if I have lost my job?


If you lose your job, are laid off, or are fired from your position as an active employee, you may be eligible to continue your health, dental, vision and Medical Spending Account coverage (unless the firing is due to gross misconduct).

To elect continued coverage as provided under COBRA, you must submit a COBRA Notice of Election form within 60 days of the date coverage was terminated or the date of the COBRA notice, whichever is later. Continued coverage becomes effective when the first premium is paid and remains in effect only as long as the premiums are up to date.

Back to Previous Page