Human Resources


Who should I contact to report the death of a subscriber or his/her covered spouse or child?


If the subscriber is an active employee or a retiree of a local subdivision, you should notify his/her HR Manager/Liaison or a benefits counselor in the Office of Human Resources. If the subscriber was a COBRA subscriber or a retiree of a state agency, higher educational institution or school district, you should contact PEBA Insurance Benefits

There is a checklist on page 38 of the Insurance Benefits Guide that will help you with the subscriber’s coverage, help you with any benefits payable as a result of his/her death, and help with enrollment in survivor coverage for his/her covered spouse and/or children.

Back to Previous Page