October 12-13, 2016
Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
The S.C. Water Resources Conference provides an integrated forum for discussion of water policies, research projects and water management in order to prepare for and meet the growing challenge of providing water resources to sustain and grow South Carolina’s economy, while preserving our natural resources. Over 340 people attended the 2014 S.C. Water Resources Conference.
The theme of the 2014 conference focused on the development of a comprehensive statewide water plan. The morning plenary sessions on both days were expanded to present panels encapsulating statewide viewpoints about water resources planning. The first day plenary featured legislative and major business leaders and the second day plenary welcomed regulatory agency and nonprofit representatives.
2014 PLENARY SESSION PANEL PARTICIPANTS
Day 1 Plenary 8:30AM-10:30AM / Legislative and Business Leader Panels
Moderated by Senator Paul G. Campbell, Jr.
- Senator Daniel B. Verdin, III S.C. Senate
- Senator Robert W. Hayes, Jr., S.C. Senate
- Representative Don Bowen, S.C. House of Representatives
- Representative Nelson L. Hardwick, S.C. House of Representatives
- Representative David R. Hiott, S.C. House of Representatives
- Daniel F. Kassis, SCE&G
- Jeffrey G. Lineberger, Duke Energy
- Geoff Penland, Santee Cooper
- David Winkles, S.C. Farm Bureau
- Dyke Spencer, Past Chairman - SCAWWA Water Utility Council
Day 2 Plenary 8:30AM-10:30AM / Regulatory Agency and Nonprofit Panels
Moderated by Dr. Gene Eidson, SCWRC Co-Chair
- Chris Thomas, U.S. EPA Region 4
- Ken Rentiers, S.C. Department of Natural Resources
- David Wilson, S.C. Department of Health & Environmental Control
- Dana Beach, Coastal Conservation League
- Hamilton Davis, Coastal Conservation League
- Eric Krueger, The Nature Conservancy
- Heather Nix, Upstate Forever
- Mark Robertson, The Nature Conservancy
SAVE THE DATE in 2016
S.C. Water Resources Conference
October 12-13, 2016
WATCH 2014 VIDEO
Plenary Sessions, Day 1 Special Session on "Development of a Watershed-Based Plan for Murrells Inlet"