Important Dates and Locations
The next Initial Certificaiton Class will be held on April 23, 2014, followed by Qualifying Exam April 30, 2014. This class and exam will be held at the River Center at Saluda Shoals Park in Columbia.
Initial Certification Class
CEPSCI initial certification will qualify individuals who complete the CEPSCI course and pass the corresponding exam.
(View Agenda for Initial Certification Meeting)
- Series of classroom trainings
- Qualifying exam (typically at multiple locations)
- Grading and DHEC notification
- Issuance of Certification (generally takes 2-3 weeks)
The one-day initial certification workshop will:
- Address techniques for construction site erosion prevention and sediment control;
- Cover regulatory requirements related to NPDES Construction General Permit compliance in South Carolina;
- Introduce environmentally effective techniques for different terrain and topography;
- Demonstrate how to review grading and drainage plans and BMP details;
- Provide an overview of techniques and practices for conducting a thorough field inspection;
- Help prepare attendees for the exam, which is part of the process for becoming a SC Certified Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Inspector
Onsite registration begins at 8:00am, and the class begins promptly at 8:30am
CEPSCI Workshop Registration and Payment Policies
Course, Certification exam and Workshop materials - $295.00
Course only (limited to certified inspectors or PE's) - $195.00
Registration and payment are required in advance for participation in CEPSCI workshops. If your registration and payment are not received in our office at least 72 hours in advance of the workshop, you will not be allowed to register for the workshop. Walk-ons will not be accepted.
To encourage advance registration, a new registration fee structure is now in place.
If your registration and payment are received in our office no later than 1 weeks prior to the workshop date, the registration fee will be $295.
If your registration and payment are received in our office less than 1 weeks prior to the workshop date, the registration fee will be $345.
If your registration and payment are not received in our office at least 72 hours in advance of the workshop, you will not be allowed to register for the workshop. Walk-ons will not be accepted.
If you cancel your registration more than 72 hours before a workshop, your registration fee will be refunded, less a $35 processing fee. If you do not cancel before the 72 hour deadline your registration fee will not be refunded. You may send a substitute in your place, provided that you inform us of the substitute’s name no later than 24 hours before the workshop. No-shows will not have their registration fee refunded.