Godley-Snell Call for Nominations
The Clemson University Experiment Station annually seeks nominations for the 2013 Godley-Snell Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research.
- Eligibility is open to a scientist or a team of scientists. Nominee(s) must have an active Hatch or McIntire-Stennis research project.Nominees from the previous year (2012) can be reconsidered.
- The nominee's research accomplishments must demonstrate excellence and must benefit the citizens of South Carolina, the region or the nation. Evidence of accomplishments may be documented through refereed journals, the popular press and other means. Documentation should include the nominee's ability to leverage PSA funds in support of research through grantsmanship and/or other extramural support.
- The nominee's professional achievements may include the success of students, especially at the graduate level, who have been guided by the nominee. Professional achievements also should include service on committees or task forces for universities, professional societies, government agencies or other state, regional, national or international organizations.
- The nominee's work should exemplify efforts to enhance the public trust in science and to increase the public's knowledge of the benefits of agricultural research. This may include making presentations to groups such as schools, civic groups and other community organizations.
- Nominations should be written in narrative form (five pages maximum). Include a current, comprehensive curriculum vita. Nominations will be considered final as submitted; late addenda will not be reviewed. Limit publications list to five most recent years.
- As many as four supporting letters of recommendation may accompany the nomination. The letters should assess the impact of the nominee's research program on the mission of the Experiment Station and address the nominee's contributions to his/her discipline and to scholarship.
- Nominations must be submitted via e-mail to Dalphene Jameson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 4:30 pm on Monday, March 11, 2013. Dalphene can be contacted at 864-656-3140, or email@example.com or 104 Barre Hall, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634.
The four most recent award recipients will comprise an advisory committee to the Associate Vice President for PSA for the selection process. The Associate Vice President for PSA will determine the award recipient.