Release of Cultivars or Germplasm Lines
- Proposal prepared by breeder-originator to release cultivar or germplasm line in accordance with policies of this office. Include data as appropriate. If disposition regarding Plant Variety Protection Act is requested, initiate application for protection.
- Proposal submitted with Form 81-4 to chair, Clemson University Crop Variety Recommendation & Release Committee. Chair circulates proposal to committee members for comments and recommendation. Committee may request breeder-originator to consider application for certificate of protection under the Plant Variety Protection Act.
- Comments and recommendations summarized and evaluated by chair for either returning to the breeder-originator or forwarding to this office for approval.
- Experiment Station approves/disapproves cultivar or germplasm line and approves/disapproves application for Plant Variety Protection. All forms returned to breeder-originator with copy to chair of the Clemson University Crop Variety Recommendation & Release Committee.
- Breeder-originator prepares Form 81-5 for transfer of seed to South Carolina Foundation Seed Association.
- Copy of signed Form 81-5 is forwarded to South Carolina Foundation Seed Association and chair of Clemson University Crop Variety Recommendation & Release Committee.