The Lake House at Sandhill REC
The Lake House at the Sandhill Research and Education Center offers a natural, scenic venue for meetings and seminars. Built in 1932 by WPA workers, the Lake House has enjoyed nearly 77 years of community service. Sandhill REC is a natural area and naturally occurring species such as snakes, alligators, coyotes, raccoons, deer and other wild animals are native inhabitants. Inside, the upstairs level and ground level each have over 2000 square feet of available meeting space.
The upstairs floor can accommodate 100 individuals in a classroom setting and 150-175 in a theater-style setting. The ground level has a seating capacity of 50-75. The facility is handicap accessible and has restrooms. The Lake House facility is available for rent to bonafide organized groups for meetings and programs relating to the mission of Sandhill REC and Clemson Institute for Economic and Community Development. For more information, to arrange a tour or to make reservations, contact Letitia "Tish" Baskett.