- Use wet ash HNO3/H2O2 digest chemicals and apparatus.
- Weigh 1 gram solid or liquid sample into digestion tube calibrated to 20 mL.
- Add about 7 mL HNO3 and let sit overnight with funnel in top under hood.
- Digest with HNO3 according to procedures.
- Instead of adding the third aliquot of H2O2, remove sample from digestion block.
- Add 10 mL 1:10 HNO3.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Dilute with deionized water to the 20 mL mark.
- Pour into ICP test tube for analysis.
- Make 2 ppm standard from 1000 ppm stock (1:500).
- Make 2 ppm (50:100) and 0.5 (25:100) ppm solutions from 2 ppm standard.
- Set 2 ppm to 40, 1 ppm to 20, and 0.5 ppm to 10 on the ICP to account for the dilution factor.
- As wavelength - 189.042.