Service-Learning Faculty Fellows Program 2013-2014The Clemson University Service Alliance would like to invite you to apply to be a 2013-2014 Service-learning Faculty Fellow. Service Alliance Faculty Fellows will be a part of a learning community that explores issues related to service-learning and community-based research and will also serve as a resource for other faculty interested in utilizing service-learning in their classroom or developing a community-based research design.
Up to five faculty will be selected from a variety of academic disciplines for the 2013-2014 academic year. Fellows can either be experienced service-learning faculty/ community-based researchers or faculty interested in developing a service-learning course or a course involving students in community-based research.
Service Alliance Fellows will receive professional development funds in the amount of $1,200 in return for the following:
- Teaching at least one course utilizing service-learning or community-based research during the period of their one year fellowship.
- Conducting a 90-minute service-learning workshop or participating in roundtable or panel discussion during the year through the Office of Teaching Effectiveness & Innovation
- Serving as a consultant and mentor to faculty in designing and revising courses to include a service-learning component.
Selection is based upon:
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae – evaluated for quality and integrated teaching, research and service experience.
- Brief statement describing what the applicant hopes to gain professionally from involvement in the Service Alliance Faculty Fellows Program
- Brief statement on the applicant’s experience with service-learning and community-based research
Applications will be reviewed by a committee appointed by the Clemson University Service Alliance. Recommendations will be forwarded to the Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Agriculture for final decisions.
Applications are due by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 14, 2013.
Notification of selection by Monday, June 24, 2013.
Applications and any questions should be directed to:
Clemson Service Alliance Faculty Fellows Program
2063 Barre Hall
Clemson, SC 29634-0124
Link to application for Service Alliance Faculty Fellow