Download Adobe Reader

History

Chemistry at Clemson: Fast Facts

  • Chemistry has been taught at Clemson since the institution was founded in 1889.
  • The first degrees in chemistry were conferred in 1912.
  • The Master of Science degree in chemistry was first offered in 1943.
  • In 1959, chemistry became one of Clemson's first Ph.D. programs.
  • Today, more than 3,500 students enroll in chemistry each year. The Department of Chemistry is one of Clemson's largest.
  • Clemson's chemistry graduates are employed in education, government and industry.

Archived Newsletters:

1934 | 1938