The "Cooking with the CHEFS" program consists of various lessons that each focus on a specific aspect of healthy eating. Below are the objectives for the particular lesson that focuses on increasing the consumtion of fruits and vegetables.
1. Identify basic cooking terms.
2. Demonstrate blanching.
3. Prepare a vegetable/fruit salsa.
4. Discuss 5 reasons to eat more fruits and vegetables.
5. Observe cooking demonstration of simple ways to serve more fruits and vegetables at home for meals, snacks, and how to pack in a coolor for away home meals.
6. Prepare chicken & fruit salad and berry blue salad.
7. Visit a produce department at a local grocery store.