John J. Hains
Phone: 864 506-1111
FAX: 864 656-0435
- Ph.D. Clemson University, 1987
- M.S. Clemson University, 1981
- B.S. N.C. State University, 1971
- Aquatic ecosystems, limnology, aquatic biology, biogeochemistry, reservoir ecosystems - limnology and management, environmental consequences of power production.
Siver, Peter A.; Morales, Eduardo A.; Van de Vijver,
Bart; Smits, Michiel; Hamilton, Paul B.; Lange-Bertalot, Horst; Hains, John J.
2006. Observations on Fragilaria longifusiformis comb. nov. et
nom. nov. (Bacillariophyceae), a widespread planktic diatom
documented from North America and Europe.Phycological Research, Volume 54, Number 3, pp. 183-192
Siver, P.A., E.A. Morales, B. Van de Vijer, P.B. Hamilton, J.J. Hains. submitted. Observations on Fragilaria longifusiformis comb. nov. et nom. nov., a Widespread Planktic Diatom Described From North America and Europe.
- Speziale, B.J., L. Roth, and J.J. Hains. 2004. Beyond the waters edge: aquatic life, healthy versus harmed. pp. 37-56 in (L. Roth, ed.) Life at the water's edge. Clemson University Public Service. Clemson, SC
- Birrenkott, A.H., S.B. Wilde, J.J. Hains, J.R. Fischer, T.M. Murphy, C.P. Hope, P.G. Parnell, and W.W. Bowerman. 2004. Establishing a food-chain link between aquatic plant material and avian vacuolar myelinopathy in Mallards (Anas platyrhynchos). J. Wildlife Diseases. 40:485-492.
- Hains, J.J. and R.H. Kennedy. 2002. Rapid collection of spatially-explicit in-situ water quality data using a programmable towed vehicle. J. Freshwater Ecology 17:99.
- Kennedy, R.H. and J.J. Hains. 2002. Limnological assessment of Verkhne Viiskii Reservoir, Russian Federation. J. Env. Quality 31:2111.
- Hains, J.J. 2002. Southeastern lakes: changing impacts, issues, demands. LakeLine. 21:23-28.
- Webster, J.R., M.E. Gurtz, J.J. Hains, J.L. Meyer, W.T. Swank, J.B. Waide and J.B. Wallace. 1983. Stability of stream ecosystems. pp. 355-395. In: J.R. Barnes and G.W. Minshall (eds.) The testing of general ecological theories in stream ecosystems. Plenum Press, NY.
- Hains, J.J., R.C. Gunkel, Jr., J.H. Carroll, S.L. Ashby and R.H Kennedy. 1988. Water quality studies: Richard B. Russell and Clarks Hill Lakes; Third annual interim report. Miscellaneous paper EL-88-16. USAE Waterways Experiment Station, Vicksburg, MS.
- Hains, J.J., R.H. Kennedy, W.E. Jabour, M. Schneider, T. Cole, D. Tillman, M. Satterfield, P. Howle, J.E. Schindler, S.B. Wilde, and J. Lemons. 1997. Phase III testing and monitoring of pump storage operation at Richard B. Russell Dam and Lake: water quality and hydrodynamic results. Miscellaneous Paper, EL-97, U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, Vicksburg, MS.
- BIOSC 410/610 - Limnology
- BIOSC 411/611 - Limnology laboratory
- BIOSC 443/643 - Freshwater ecology
- BIOSC 444/644 - Freshwater ecology laboratory
- BIOSC 816 - Ecosystem analysis
- BIOSC 203 - Environment, Energy, and Society
- BIOSC 493 - Senior Seminar
- BIOSC 494 - Creative Inquiry
- North American Lake Management Society
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography
- Phycological Society of America
- British Ecological Society