Landowners interested in protecting the state’s natural resources now have a free online video guide to create a conservation easement for their property. The eight-segment video series walks landowners through how to decide if a conservation easement is right for them and , if so, how to apply for an easement.
To view the videos, you must have Adobe Flash Player installed. A free download is available through the link at left.
• What are Conservation Easements (28 minutes)
• Introduction to Conservation Easements (64 minutes)
• Types of Easements (60 minutes)
• Conservation Easements Grantees (26 minutes)
• Income and Estate Taxes (63 minutes)
• Designing Conservation Easements (49 minutes)
• Baseline Data (33 minutes)
• Qualified Appraisers (22 minutes)