PES Admission Process
General requirements for acceptance include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with the equivalent of an undergraduate major in biological, agricultural, environmental or related sciences. The general test of the Graduate Record Examination is required. Satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are required of international students whose native language is not English.
The effective admission process:
- It is recommended that applicants learn about Clemson University's admission requirements and begin applying at the CU Graduate School website
Go to Clemson University Admissions Requirements > >
Go to Clemson University Graduate School website > >
- Applicants must find a faculty members who will agree to be their major advisor, before being admitted to the PES Graduate Program. Therefore, applicants are strongly encouraged to contact PES faculty members whose research programs align with their educational goals and professional interests.
- Once an application is complete, the application is evaluated by the PES faculty to determine if an advisor can be found.
- Next, the PES Graduate Admission Committee evaluates the application and makes a recommendation regarding the acceptability of the applicant.
- Applications from acceptable candidates for whom no advisor has been found will be kept on file for one year in case a position should open up for someone with their interests and qualifications.
- Once an advisor has been found, the PES Graduate Admission Committee's decision to accept is forwarded to the Clemson University Graduate School. the Graduate School, which has final
authority on admissions.
- The Graduate School mails a letter of acceptance, which includes a date by which the student must respond. In certain cases, admittance may be provisional (at the department's request) or postponed (at the candidate's request).
- There is no official application deadline, however, taking into consideration the time it takes for application materials to post to the Graduate School online
system, and then to be circulated throughout the PES Faculty and be evaluated by the PES graduate admission committee, the earlier you complete the application process, the
NOTE: the PES Graduate Admission Committee will only
evaluate a fully completed application.
Applicants are strongly urged to visit Clemson University and
to meet with PES Graduate Program faculty, staff, and students to help determine interest and compatibility.
For more information, contact Tammy P. Morton, 864-656-5051.