Admissions Requirements - Completion of Bachelor's Degree from an approved institution. Minimum overall G.P.A. of 2.75 completed and a satisfactory score on the G.R.E.
Advisor Selection - The student may choose his/her advisor; however, an advisor will be appointed until one is selected. All members of the Agricultural Education faculty are eligible to serve as an advisor. Once an advisor is chosen, the student must clear this with the Department Chair.
Committee Members - A minimum of three (3) faculty members must serve on the graduate student's committee. Members may be selected from any department in the College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences. In all cases, the majority of the committee members must be from the Agricultural Education Department, including the chairman. The committee must be selected within the first semester.
- Fill out the application form (Application Deadline: Spring - November 1, Fall - March 15). Please do not use punctuation on electronic form.
- If you have not already done so, register for the GRE. We require a minimum score of 900 total. The Information and Registration Bulletin may also be obtained by contacting your institution or ETS (P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6000 USA). GRE scores must be sent directly from Educational Testing Service and scores must not be older than five years relative to the date of acceptance.
- If you have already taken the appropriate test(s), request that the Educational Testing Service forward official copies of your score(s) to Clemson University (institution code, 5111).
- Request one (1) official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities. Please request that the registrar's office at each institution provide official transcripts of your academic work in sealed envelope(s) with official signature over seal. Refer to Transcript Request Form – GSTR
- Please complete the GS 35 - Request for Certification of South Carolina Residency Form (http://www.grad.clemson.edu/Forms.php) if you indicate South Carolina as your state of legal residence.
- A writing sample is required in addition to the personal statement on the application form. This should not be included with the materials in the application envelope or with supporting documents. The application packet or package of supporting documents should only include the materials requested. You writing sample should answer the following questions: What have you done professionally?, What is the main reason for needing a Masteres of AgEd?, and How can the masters help you achieve your goals?. Please send the writing sample to: Christi Leard at 244 McAdams Hall, Clemson, SC 29634.
- Make copies of your application and other forms for your files in case any questions arise or in case materials are lost in the mail.
| College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences
| Major Code
|| Department and Entrance Exam(s) Required
|| Degrees Offered
|| Program Coordinator Address
| Telephone / Fax
|| Agricultural Education Entrance Exam(s)* GRE
225 McAdams Hall
Clemson, SC 29634
|864-656-5674 / 864-656-0338
Graduate School Application