Science on Tap - A casual monthly forum where people come to learn about and discuss recent discoveries in science and technology while having fun. An expert gives an informal talk for 20 - 30 minutes, followed by Q & A and discussion. You're invited! Check the schedule for a detailed speaker/topic schedule and join us at our next meeting. Science on Tap is free and open to all ages.
The Clemson University Department of Biological Sciences conducts the Biology Merit Exam to recognize and promote outstanding achievement in the biological sciences among middle and high school students in South Carolina. The department also provides laboratory visits and tours around campus to promote interest in the life sciences and a preview of college life. Students attending the Exam at Clemson University will have an opportunity to:
The mission of Clemson University Life Sciences Outreach Center (CULSOC) is to inspire and empower the scientist within each of us. To this end, we:
- Make science relevant and fun through hands-on labs, camps and activities for learners of all ages
- Engage the public through lectures and discussions of scientific issues
- Support classroom teachers through course offerings and lesson ideas
Our programs include:
- Interactive lab experiences in modern genetics and biotechnology for school and community groups
- Summer science camps
- Graduate courses for teachers
- Science on Tap, a monthly science café
- Science Saturdays, activities for the whole family
The Clemson University Department of Biological Sciences is proud to offer an online, non-thesis Master of Biological Sciences designed specifically for K-12 teachers and other science educators interested in biological sciences. This program is fully in a distance-learning format and lectures are available 24/7. See www.clemson.edu/cafls/departments/biosci/graduates/biol_online for details.