Department of Mathematical Sciences
- The Graduate School Policy on transcripts for application for admission is at http://www.grad.clemson.edu/admission/Transcripts.php
- Be sure that your official test scores are sent to Clemson. The mathematical sciences department requires GRE General Test scores (but not the GRE Subject Test). For international students, TOEFL scores are also required. All scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Services. Clemson University's school code is 5111.
- We require at least two letters of recommendation, three if possible. You will be asked to submit the names and email addresses of your recommenders on page four of the online application. Your recommenders can complete their form via CollegeNet.
- A one page statement of your academic interests can improve your chances for admission. This statement should include your area of interest, career plans, and an indication of why you selected Clemson University.
- Information about application fees is at the website http://www.grad.clemson.edu/admission/
- All application materials must be uploaded to the online application site or sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
If you are applying for admission in the Fall term (which begins in mid-August), it is recommended that you submit your application materials by February 15. If you are applying for the Spring term (which begins in early January), submit application materials by October 1. Complete applications received after these dates will still be considered for admission and financial aid. However, the University requires that international students submit all materials for Spring admission by September 15. The most important criterion for admission is whether a student's background and ability are sufficient to indicate successful completion of the degree program. Selection for financial aid is more competitive than just admission to the department.
Checking Your Application
It usually takes several weeks for the graduate school to process applications, once all the requisite information is available: test scores, transcripts, and letters of recommendation. You can check on the status of your application by visiting the following link and filling in your application (or NR) number:
Check Status of Graduate Application