College of Health, Education and Human Development
Alignment with Clemson University Goals and Academic Plan
The College of HEHD will emphasize teaching, research, and service/outreach, addressing six of the eight university-wide emphasis areas. The College of HEHD will provide university leadership for the family and community living emphasis area while making significant contributions in the others. The six emphasis areas are:
- Automotive and Transportation Technology
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Sciences
- Sustainable Environments
- Family and Community Living
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- General Education
Additionally, the College of HEHD will provide research-based outreach/service addressing the following PSA Goals:
- Youth and Family Development
- Economic and Community Development
- Food Safety and Nutrition
The College of HEHD Strategic Goals
- Ensure academic excellence and programs of distinction at the undergraduate and graduate levels through the incorporation of the HEHD Guiding Principles and Dispositions.
- Secure and allocate resources to support research and scholarship that advance the knowledge and distinctiveness of HEHD.
- Increase the number and quality of graduate programs and increase external funding support.
- Advance HEHD collaborative areas through interdisciplinary teaching, research, and service/outreach with emphasis on diversity, global competitiveness, and economic development.
- Develop and sustain quality alternative delivery systems for educational programs that are consistent with the HEHD Guiding Principles and Dispositions.
- Attract, recruit, and retain quality faculty, staff and students with a focus on increasing percentages of diversity.
The College of HEHD has established the following six (6) college-wide priorities that direct planning and implementation:
- Enhance academic programs
- Increase research performance
- Develop graduate programs with special emphasis on doctoral programs
- Increase collaboration and outreach linkages
- Expand distance/distributed learning opportunities
- Create a diverse, yet cohesive community of faculty, staff, and students