The center advises freshmen, sophomore, and transfer students in the majors of parks, recreation, and tourism management (PRTM), nursing, health science, and all areas of education.
- We answer questions for prospective majors in these same fields who are high school seniors.
- We provide services for change of major students trying to gain access to restricted/closed majors within HEHD. This may be in the form of group interest meetings, information on our web site, or one-on-one assistance. During peak times--first two weeks of school, October 1st through November 15th and March 1st through April 15th--students changing major will be seen after current advisees on an as-available basis.
- We assist students with course scheduling, registration, and other academic related assistance to ensure success through the first two years.
- We work with students to assist them with working through the process of how to take courses elsewhere (usually in the summer).
- We assist students who would like more information about studying abroad and make campus referrals as necessary.