School of Education
Application and Admissions
- Primary disability must be cognitive, not behavioral or emotional
- Was eligible for IDEA services while in school; has an IEP
- Reading ability is on at least a third grade level
- Has basic mathematics understanding; can use a calculator
- Can utilize technology (cell phone, lap top, etc.) on a basic level
- Age is between 18-26 years old upon admission to the program
- Demonstrates independence, motivation, and stability
- Is able to function independently for a sustained period of time
- Likes to be around people; sociable
- Able to handle changes in routine; can be flexible in fluctuating circumstances
- Not defiant toward authority; can take direction
- Likes to learn
- Has the potential to be successful in competitive employment situations. We highly recommend employment, or at least volunteer, experience before entering the program.
- Has the desire and motivation to participate in a college experience
- Has parents who will support his/her independence
- Attend a program open house. This one-day program will allow students and families to determine if the ClemsonLIFE program will be a good fit.
- Complete and submit the entrance application and required documentation.
- Attend a personal interview.
Open House Information
- ClemsonLIFE will hold an Open House on October 24th, 2015
- If interested in attending you should register for the Open House session HERE.