What do I need to do for payroll and W-2 processing purposes if I’m leaving employment as a student worker at the end of this semester?
Please do NOT close your banking account right away if you are currently working but will no longer be employed after the Summer semester. You need to keep your account open long enough for your bank to receive any remaining direct deposits for pay.
- If you are on the 12-month payroll, you will be paid on 8/15/18 for work completed 7/16/18 - 7/31/18 or on 8/31/18 for work completed 8/1/18 - 8/15/18.
- If you are on the 9-month payroll, you will receive your final pay for the Summer semester on 8/15/18.
- If you received any pay in 2018, you will receive a 2018 W-2 in January 2019. Please keep this in mind for address change purposes, discussed below.
- On-line W-2s are only available to active employees, faculty members and student workers. If you are no longer employed by Clemson University, we will mail you your W-2, even if you had previously elected to receive your W-2 online.
- Please ensure that your address is correct in our system so your W-2 is delivered to you in a timely manner.
- If you are enrolled as a student, you can change your Mailing Address in my.Clemson.
- Click clemson.edu, and then click on the icon in the top right to log-in using your Clemson ID and to access “My Profile”. Once in your profile, go to Addresses to view/update your Mailing Address, which is where your W-2 will be mailed.
- If you are no longer enrolled as a student and are no longer employed as a student worker, click here for links to manage your address in the Human Resources system.
- Department addresses should not be used as your Mailing Address.
There is a $10 charge for all W-2 reprints. Verifying and updating your address in the correct system will save you the cost of a reprint if your W-2 is mailed to an incorrect address.
Back to Previous Page