New Employee Orientation
Step 1: New Employee Orientation Presentation
All new Employees should complete this section of New Employee Orientation their first day of work.
Step 2: Benefits Orientation Process
All new employees need to complete the following benefits orientation process, based on the eligibility of benefits for their position. There is a 30 day deadline from the date of hire to make benefit elections as a new employee.
- Review the Benefits Programs booklet for a summary of benefits offered.
- Click on the following links to view state benefits presentations by the SC Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA).
- Attend a scheduled benefits counseling appointment.
The Office of Human Resources notifies new employees of their scheduled benefits counseling appointment by email. We look forward to meeting with you and assisting you with your benefits as a new employee and throughout your employment at the university. Please contact The Office of Human Resources at Ask-HR or 864-656-2000, if you need additional information prior to your appointment.
- Bring the following information and documentation to your appointment:
- Social security numbers and dates of birth for covered dependents and beneficiaries
- Copy of a marriage license to cover a spouse, if applicable
- The long version of birth certificates (with the parent’s names) to cover eligible children, if applicable. To obtain a long form birth certificate, see your local S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control office. You may also request this information by mail. See www.scdhec.gov/administration/vr/index.htm for instructions. If your child was born outside of South Carolina, go to http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm for a list of links to vital statistics agencies for other U.S. states and territories.
Step 3: OSHA Mandated Portable Fire Extinguisher Training
This course can be taken on a scheduled date by the CU Fire Department or it can be taken online at your convenience. Please see options below:
You must acknowledge that you have viewed training during Step 4 of Orientation.
Step 4: Conclusion
Thank you for participating in our online New Employee Orientation. We hope that this orientation has been informative and helpful.
To complete the session, please be sure to do the following:
- CU Drug and Alcohol Policy Acknowledgement
- Sexual Harassment Policy Acknowledgement
- Online Portable Fire Extinguisher Training Acknowledgement
- New Employee Orientation Acknowledgement
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Tutorial
Onboarding – University Facilities Pilot Program