Research Assistant Professor in Public Health Sciences
Dept of Public Health Sciences
Tel. (864) 656-5502
Download Dr. Deidra Morrison's CV (.pdf)
Ph.D. - Northwestern University
M.S. - Northwestern University
B.S. - Spelman College
- Social/personal maintenance strategies using internet enabled technologies
- The detection of risky behavior patterns performed within online social environments
- Creating digital interventions related to risky behaviors in online social networking spaces.
- Rankin, Y. A., Morrison, D., McNeal, M., Gooch, B., and Shute, M. W. (2009). Time will tell: in-game social interactions that facilitate second language acquisition. In Proceedings of the 4th international Conference on Foundations of Digital Games (Orlando, Florida, April 26 - 30, 2009). FDG '09. ACM, New York, NY, 161-168.
- Morrison, D., Gooch, B. (2007). ConnectDots: Visualizing Social Network Interaction for Improved Social Decision Making. In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction - Online Communities and Social Computing, pp. 134-140, 2007
- Morrison, D. and Dennis, B. (2005). MetaLab: supporting social grounding and group task management in CSCL environments through social translucence. In Proceedings of the 2005 Conference on Diversity in Computing (Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, October 19 - 22, 2005). TAPIA '05. ACM, New York, NY, 20-22