Skip to main content

Transfer and Dual-Education

The College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences (CECAS) enrolls over 400 transfer students each year. These students come from two and four-year institutions across the state of South Carolina and across the country. If you plan to transfer into CECAS from your institution, you are highly encouraged to contact the Clemson University Admissions Office at 864-656-2287. The Transfer Course Equivalency List (TCEL) can aid you in determining which classes will transfer to Clemson.

CECAS has dual-education (formerly known as dual-degree) programs with several four-year institutions across the Southeast; these colleges and universities include Anderson University, Charleston Southern University, Claflin College, Coastal Carolina University, Converse College, Elon University, Erskine College, Francis Marion University, Furman University, Lander University, Lenior-Rhyne College, Newberry College, North Greenville University, Presbyterian College, University of North Georgia, and Wofford College.

Dual-education programs allow a student to complete two or three years at one institution, and then transfer to Clemson University to complete work leading to a B.S. in engineering.

Students participating in these programs must work closely with their institution and Clemson University to make sure that the transfer is as seamless as possible and that as many classes as possible transfer for credit. It is important to note that, though there is usually at least two academic years of work left to do after transfer, the sequence of pre-requisites in engineering majors is such that it will usually take six terms of enrollment (possibly including summers) after transfer to complete an engineering degree unless the student has taken key freshman and sophomore engineering courses (e.g., by attending summer school at Clemson or another engineering college) prior to transfer.

Transfer students who are interested in an engineering discipline at Clemson are admitted into General Engineering and must complete a common freshman year curriculum before being admitted into an engineering baccalaureate degree program. Students transferring into Clemson who are interested in a science discipline will go directly into that department.

Important information for engineering transfer students can be found here.