The Foundation is organized to promote the welfare and future development of Clemson University, to receive gifts, and to prudently manage the disbursement of these assets.
The Clemson University Foundation is an independent, nonprofit organization incorporated in the state of South Carolina. It was chartered in 1933 to promote the welfare and future development of Clemson University's educational and scientific goals. It was formed for the purpose of managing assets and maintaining appropriate donor records solely for the benefit of Clemson University. The Foundation receives, manages and distributes restricted and unrestricted endowment gifts, deferred gifts and special gifts — all aimed toward building and maintaining outstanding academic programs at Clemson. Gifts to the Foundation support and build the academic, research and public service programs of the University through faculty and student aid programs.
The Clemson University Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of Clemson alumni and friends who share in the pride of the University's history and who are committed to its promise in the years to come.
In the interest of building a greater Clemson, the Foundation seeks financial support through annual gifts, capital campaigns, planned giving and other ongoing fund-raising programs. It is the responsibility of the Foundation's Directors to manage and disburse assets prudently within a policy that encourages the enhancement of the resources of the Foundation.